Wednesday, September 8, 2010

31 Years and Counting!!








Thirty One years ago today, Carla Autis McKnight made me an honest man! I knew after our first date that we would be husband and wife. Our marriage has been filled with many joys including moving to the West Coast in 1979, buying our first house, experiencing (I watched, she experienced!) the birth of our three terrific children...Blake Andrew, Michael Allen, and Paige Elizabeth, the high school and college graduations of each of our three children, family vacations, braces, proms, parent's days, Girl and Boy Scouts, Sunday School, empty nesters, FIDM, Lee and Associates, engagements?, etc., etc.


Carla and I have been together for a part of five decades! We have welcomed Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama into the office of president. We have seen rotary dial telephones give way to social media. Earth tones have returned since the early decor of our first condo in 1980. Denim is now a socially accepted dress for business...not just hay rides. I now blog my anniversary wishes!


Throughout the years our love has grown into a bond! Laughter still fills our house and we are each others best friends. I cannot imagine life without your darling. Here's to another 31!
Love,
Allen